Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY Pizza Sauce Bagel at Bagelwala, Bandra


So I went to Bagelwala with very high expectations of finding bagels with vegan toppings. One look at the menu shattered my hopes. Almost everything had cream cheese or some sort of cheese in it. My only options were peanut butter and jam and I was not particularly in the mood for a dessert bagel. I think there was some hummus somewhere in there too, but that was it. Just when I was reconciling myself to the idea of eating a plain onion bagel, I saw a staff member carrying a jar of pizza sauce to the kitchen. The nice man at the Bagelwala agreed to give me some of the pizza sauce as a topping for my bagel. 

I have to say the end result was very nice but it could have been so much better if there was at least one vegan bagel/ sandwich/ dessert to choose from! 

No comments:

Post a Comment